Answered By: Christopher Schiff Last Updated: Jan 11, 2016 Views: 115
Answered By: Christopher Schiff
Last Updated: Jan 11, 2016 Views: 115
1) You have to set up your own profile in the system. Go to Films on Demand:
2) In the upper right corner of any screen, click on My Films to create an account.
The system will ask you for basic information. Use your Bates email address, but don't use your Bates password. We can't be sure how secure their servers are.
3) Next we need to change your preferences for streaming speed. Check to see that in the upper right corner, there is a user icon. If not, click "Sign In" (see above image) and log into the account you just set up. Click on "My Account Settings."
4) Under Default Maximum Streaming Bit Rate , change this to "1600 Kbps" and click "Save"
6) Now any time you watch a film in the database, it should default to this fast streaming rate (before it was trying to guess how fast it should stream based on our response time). We would like to make 1.5Mbps the default for the entire campus, by the database doesn't allow that.